Want to tour the Nursery we put together for our baby boy?
Here we go!
First we should probably review everyone's role in this room:
Lead Designer: Morgan (My sister)
Assistant Designer: Me :)
Supportive Husband/Color decider: Jake
Lead Paint Director: BooPa (My Dad)
Supportive Grandma: Nanni (My Mom)
I can't thank them all enough for all thier patience and help!
Morgan and I reveiwed many, many room designs, themes and colors and finally settled on Grey/White/Navy with a slight Nautical theme and tons of Monkeys!
I have always loved Monkeys and hesitated a bit when they became trendy but ultimately decided that I had to have them for my lil man :)
Here was our final inspiration pic that we worked off of...
And here is the almost final nursery :)
| View from walking in the room! |
| DIY Nautical Shelves - I love them! Thank you Boopa and Auntie Morgan! |
| Top Shelf with books and Jelly Cat Monkey from Auntie Morgan! |
| Bottom Shelf - With a baby Jelly Cat Monkey and more books thanks to all my baby shower guests! |
| The Changing Table/Dresser Side of the room with the awesome white washed anchor above. Hamper to the left and diaper genie to the right. |
| View of the window wall with Navy Blackout Curtains! |
| Moving around the room here is the relaxation corner. |
| White washed side table with navy basket of more books :) |
| One of my Favorite Parts! The amazing swivel/rocker/glider. They grey isn't photographing well but it was the first item we bought to build the room design around. |
| Amazing Lighting from Sister/Aunt Morgan - Lighting Consultant/Designer by Day! She even added a dimmer :) |
| Closet Storage. The books are now on the amazing DIY Nautical shelves. Also we may add baskets in the future. |
| And here is our Diaper Bag! After about 5 options, I settled on this Beauty!!! |
We have a few more things that haven't come in yet that we will add:
1. Baby Quilt - which will really complete the look since its Natical, Navy, Grey, White and has a little teal. It will mostly reside on the back of the chair, but I still can't wait for it to get here!
2. Toy basket - which is the same Navy woven material as the book basket under the side table but just a little bigger. It will reside on the right of the dresser/changing table and the diaper genie.
3. And Finally!!! Baby Boy Johnson - who is hopefully coming home to his new room very soon!-M

No comments:
Post a Comment